We watched Glenbrooke being built and knew right away that we would be selling our home to enjoy our retirement here. We have been here since 2003 and we will continue living here. Glenbrooke’s staff is second to none and they have become our family. Our friends that live here at Glenbrooke are also more like family. We enjoy the activities and lifestyle that Glenbrooke offers and truly believe there is not a better place to live out our retirement!
Don't Just Live but Really LIVE! Back
It is common for us to keep to ourselves more as we age however if you are finding that your happiness level isn't what it once was, you need to make a change and make it quickly. You are responsible for your own happiness and you want to get the most of life as you can. This is not a dress rehearsal. How, you ask? Here are some tips:
- Make the Decision - Decide that you want to LIVE your life to the fullest and enjoy every minute of it!
- Set Your Alarm - I know it sounds silly, you are retired so why would you set an alarm. Setting an alarm will help remind you that you have a purpose. You want to wake up and get going with your day!
- Shower as soon as you get up! A nice shower not only feels great but it gets your brain going and prepares you to accomplish something.
- Go to the Dining Room = You can decide if you want to go foor breakfast, lunch or dinner or all of them. If you go to the dining room to eat, you will meet other residents and enjoy their company! Making friends adds so much to your happiness.
- Have a Positive Attitude - If you believe that you are happy, happiness will find you. If you smile at others and are positive, people will recognize this and want to bring happiness to you, as well.
- Be Grateful for your Blessings - Always having an attitude of gratitude will bring you even more blessings.
- Let the Ones You Love Know You Love Them - People love knowing htat they have made an impact in your life. You should let those you care about know how you feel! They, in turn will show you how loved you are!
- Remember, you deserve to be happy!!
As a widower, I felt extremely lonely and disconnected in my neighborhood and home. My friend introduced me to the idea of retirement living in an independent retirement community. I looked at several in Brevard County, but none had the sense of family or friendliness that Glenbrooke has. I’m here at Glenbrooke to stay!
I waited too long to make the move to Glenbrooke. I visited many times and told several of my friends to move, but couldn't seem to brave it for myself. The staff at Glenbrooke never gave up on me, and even helped to see me through the selling of my home and assisted with all the arrangements to make the move! I now feel that I have regained my zest for life and am proud to say that I have found the person I enjoy spending all my time with. I would have never had such an opportunity staying in ...Show More
My husband and I selected Glenbrooke as our home of choice to enhance our retirement lifestyle, but never thought about what Glenbrooke would offer if either of us passed away. After his passing, our children asked me to move closer to them. Even with my limited vision, I am able to maintain an independent, active, vibrant and fulfilling lifestyle. The staff is always available to meet any wants or needs that I may have, and they always do it with a smile and a hug.
Moving to Glenbrooke is the best decision I have ever made. I feel safe, secure and completely at home. My friends and family who come to visit can’t believe that my apartment is so spacious and beautiful! They are always complimenting me on my home and I never get tired of hearing the words “what a nice apartment”. The friends and family I have gained since moving here have definitely helped fill a void in my life, and I have peace of mind everyday knowing I have the freedom to engage as much or as little as I want.
I LOVE Living at Glenbrooke! They truly care about us. We asked for a change to the food and it was done quickly and is delicious. Thank you, Glenbrooke for taking such great care of us and making sure we are happy residents.