My husband and I selected Glenbrooke as our home of choice to enhance our retirement lifestyle, but never thought about what Glenbrooke would offer if either of us passed away. After his passing, our children asked me to move closer to them. Even with my limited vision, I am able to maintain an independent, active, vibrant and fulfilling lifestyle. The staff is always available to meet any wants or needs that I may have, and they always do it with a smile and a hug.
Games and Puzzles Back
Puzzles and games are a great way pass the time while exercising your brain. There are many great options whether you are playing with friends or are doing them by yourself. Looking for a fun way to spend indoors on a rainy or hot day? Here are a few fun ideas:
· Jigsaw puzzles- There are many great puzzle options. Pieces range from large to small, many pieces to a few and form any pictures you can imagine. Work on a smaller one by yourself or spend an afternoon putting together a large one with friends.
· Crossword puzzles- You can find these in the newspaper or even online. You can print some out whenever you want to do one if you do not have access to a newspaper.
· Word searches- Like crossword puzzles, you can find these online. There are word searches for a variety of subjects and are another fun way to pass the time.
· Board games- These are the ultimate way to pass time with friends on a rainy afternoon. There are so many to choose from these days. From classics like chess and monopoly, to games like chutes and ladders and connect four, there are always fun games available.
· Card games- Uno, Poker, Gin Rummy, or Bridge can be played with multiple people. They are an equally fun alternative to board games.
The great part about board games and puzzles is that there are so many to choose from. Whichever you choose to do, you will have a blast!