We watched Glenbrooke being built and knew right away that we would be selling our home to enjoy our retirement here. We have been here since 2003 and we will continue living here. Glenbrooke’s staff is second to none and they have become our family. Our friends that live here at Glenbrooke are also more like family. We enjoy the activities and lifestyle that Glenbrooke offers and truly believe there is not a better place to live out our retirement!
Prevent Catching a Cold Back
The weather is getting cooler and it’s getting dark earlier in the day. That means that cold and flu season is right around the corner. These are some simple ways and easy reminders that will prevent you from catching a cold or the flu.
- Wash or sanitize your hands often. Washing or sanitizing your hands frequently will kill any germs you have picked up from touching objects or coming in contact with other people.
- Refrain from touching your face. It is easy to pick up germs on your hands by touching objects or people like mentioned above. Touching your face with unclean hands will increase your chance of getting sick dramatically. If you need to touch your face for any reason, be sure to clean your hands before you do so.
- Get plenty of rest. Getting a good night of sleep will have your body fighting potential illnesses at full strength.
- Place a bottle of hand sanitizer in your living room or bedside table. Having it handy will make a big difference because it will make cleaning your hands easy if you do not have easy access to a bathroom. Bottles of hand sanitizer are usually affordable and can save you a trip to the doctor.
- Do not eat or drink after others, especially if they are sick or feeling under the weather.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough. That way you can prevent spreading germs to others and hopefully others will do the same for you.
- Good diet and exercise. This goes hand in hand with getting a good night’s sleep. Healthy habits will keep your immune system running strong and will put up the best defense when fighting off germs that can make you sick.
- Get a flu shot. Getting your yearly flu shot will help to prevent you from getting the flu. The shots are quick and painless and will help a great deal during flu season.
If you begin running a fever, be sure to schedule an appointment to see your doctor.
As a widower, I felt extremely lonely and disconnected in my neighborhood and home. My friend introduced me to the idea of retirement living in an independent retirement community. I looked at several in Brevard County, but none had the sense of family or friendliness that Glenbrooke has. I’m here at Glenbrooke to stay!
I waited too long to make the move to Glenbrooke. I visited many times and told several of my friends to move, but couldn't seem to brave it for myself. The staff at Glenbrooke never gave up on me, and even helped to see me through the selling of my home and assisted with all the arrangements to make the move! I now feel that I have regained my zest for life and am proud to say that I have found the person I enjoy spending all my time with. I would have never had such an opportunity staying in ...Show More
My husband and I selected Glenbrooke as our home of choice to enhance our retirement lifestyle, but never thought about what Glenbrooke would offer if either of us passed away. After his passing, our children asked me to move closer to them. Even with my limited vision, I am able to maintain an independent, active, vibrant and fulfilling lifestyle. The staff is always available to meet any wants or needs that I may have, and they always do it with a smile and a hug.
Moving to Glenbrooke is the best decision I have ever made. I feel safe, secure and completely at home. My friends and family who come to visit can’t believe that my apartment is so spacious and beautiful! They are always complimenting me on my home and I never get tired of hearing the words “what a nice apartment”. The friends and family I have gained since moving here have definitely helped fill a void in my life, and I have peace of mind everyday knowing I have the freedom to engage as much or as little as I want.
I LOVE Living at Glenbrooke! They truly care about us. We asked for a change to the food and it was done quickly and is delicious. Thank you, Glenbrooke for taking such great care of us and making sure we are happy residents.