We watched Glenbrooke being built and knew right away that we would be selling our home to enjoy our retirement here. We have been here since 2003 and we will continue living here. Glenbrooke’s staff is second to none and they have become our family. Our friends that live here at Glenbrooke are also more like family. We enjoy the activities and lifestyle that Glenbrooke offers and truly believe there is not a better place to live out our retirement!
The Laws and Regulations of Assisted Living Back
When you start to look for an Assisted Living Community for yourself or a loved one, it is imperative that you know the laws to be better equipped in making the best choice. According to AssistedLiving.com, Assisted Living rules and regulations in Florida are as follows:
- -Standard licensure is required for all assisted living facilities.
- -A separate license is required for extended congregate care and mental health services.
- -Direct-care staff other than nurses, certified nursing assistants, or home health aides must complete at least one hour of training in infection control, including universal precautions and facility sanitation procedures, before providing personal care to residents.
- -An additional three hours of training on resident behavior and needs and assistance with activities of daily living must be completed within 30 days of employment.
- -All staff must complete a continuing education course on HIV and AIDS biennially. Staff who prepare or serve food must complete a minimum one hour training covering safe food handling practices within 30 days of employment.
- -If a facility has over 17 residents, there must be at least one person awake and on staff at all times.
- -Depending on the number of residents, there must be a minimum of 168 staff hours per week and a maximum of 539 hours per week.
Eviction Laws & Resident Protections:
- -Facilities must provide the resident 45 days notice of eviction.
- -No reason is needed and the staff does not need to help evicted residents find new lodging.
- -Residents are entitled to the Resident Bill of Rights which states that residents in a facility shall not be deprived of any civil or legal rights.
- -County health department officials are responsible for inspecting all license applications and licensed facilities.
- -All facilities are required to be in compliance with local safety and building codes.
At Glenbrooke at Palm Bay, we are committed to upholding every law and regulation to make sure that you receive the best retirement living you can. You have worked all your life and deserve nothing but the best!
As a widower, I felt extremely lonely and disconnected in my neighborhood and home. My friend introduced me to the idea of retirement living in an independent retirement community. I looked at several in Brevard County, but none had the sense of family or friendliness that Glenbrooke has. I’m here at Glenbrooke to stay!
I waited too long to make the move to Glenbrooke. I visited many times and told several of my friends to move, but couldn't seem to brave it for myself. The staff at Glenbrooke never gave up on me, and even helped to see me through the selling of my home and assisted with all the arrangements to make the move! I now feel that I have regained my zest for life and am proud to say that I have found the person I enjoy spending all my time with. I would have never had such an opportunity staying in ...Show More
My husband and I selected Glenbrooke as our home of choice to enhance our retirement lifestyle, but never thought about what Glenbrooke would offer if either of us passed away. After his passing, our children asked me to move closer to them. Even with my limited vision, I am able to maintain an independent, active, vibrant and fulfilling lifestyle. The staff is always available to meet any wants or needs that I may have, and they always do it with a smile and a hug.
Moving to Glenbrooke is the best decision I have ever made. I feel safe, secure and completely at home. My friends and family who come to visit can’t believe that my apartment is so spacious and beautiful! They are always complimenting me on my home and I never get tired of hearing the words “what a nice apartment”. The friends and family I have gained since moving here have definitely helped fill a void in my life, and I have peace of mind everyday knowing I have the freedom to engage as much or as little as I want.
I LOVE Living at Glenbrooke! They truly care about us. We asked for a change to the food and it was done quickly and is delicious. Thank you, Glenbrooke for taking such great care of us and making sure we are happy residents.